Lp - access PC parallel port from perl
Lp is a perl module for direct low-level access to individual bits
the PC parallel "line printer" port. Using this, one can control
LEDs, analog-to-digital converters, I2C busses, and such, all from perl
programs. This is one of my first perl modules, written about 6 years ago.
Currently, Lp works only under linux, but porting to other unixes
that have a full set of parallel-port ioctls should be straightforward.
This manual page is included in the distribution.
- Convert the module to an object-oriented style.
- Rename to somthing more descriptive than just "Lp;" perhaps PC::ParPort.
- register and upload all this to CPAN
- Write up and publish example schematics and projects
- Provide links to other parallel-port web resources.
Last modified: Fri Jul 25 23:52:21 EDT 2003